Medication and its products have a great value in the modern era. They have had huge sales in the past decade, and is highly recommended with a doctor’s prescription, to use any kinds of drugs. One of such drug is, Ketamine. Ketamine is usually used for anesthesia. To be more precise, anesthesia is a state of not feeling any pain or irritation while treated with anesthetic drugs. A lot of anesthetic medication is used during surgeries and other medical operations. Giving a patient Ketamine therapy, would put him or her into a state of unconsciousness or a state where he or she doesn’t feel any pain or irritation in a specialized area.
How To Use:
During a surgery or during any medical operations, with the knowledge of the doctor, an IV Ketamine therapy is done. Ketamine is directly injected into a vein. Within minutes, the patient will be directed into a state of unconsciousness. While injecting a person with Ketamine, the doctors would check for the breath rate and heart beat rate. Some patients may have the fear of overdose, but as this is given under the knowledge and protection of the professionals in the field of medication, patients are closely watched and ensured that there is so type of harmful effects. Thus, it is completely safe to use it on the patient, ONLY with the knowledge of the doctor.
Conditions In Which Ketamine Should Be Avoided:
Ketamine is not always favorable to all the patients. Sometimes, it may lead to harmful effects if not taken under the knowledge of the doctor or a medical personality. Thus, here are few conditions in which ketamine should be highly avoided.
- If the patient is allergic to some of the contents of Ketamine.
- Patients who are prone of increased blood pressures.
- Intake of Droxidopa.
- Patients with positive pregnancy or in the period of breast-feeding
- Patients who are in taking any kinds of medications
- Patients diagnosed with head trauma or internal bleeding in the brain
- Patients who are addicted to alcohol consumption
- Patients who have had operations or surgeries in the brain or any part around the temple
- Patients who are on other non-prescription drugs (weed, marijuana or brown sugar, etc)
The patient has the inform the doctor before head, so that the doctor can decide whether to do a Ketamine therapy or not.
Safety Informations Before Intake of Ketamine:
Above is the picture of Ketamin overdose, and the side-effects it may cause in the patient’s brain. So, here are some safety information before the intake of Ketamin with or without the knowledge of the doctor.
- Ketamin is prone to cause drowsiness for the next 24 hours of the intake. Thus, it is recommended not to intake ketamin if the patient has alcohol content. You can follow alcohol detox programs to control alcohol addiction; The patients should do try to over react to the drowsiness it may cause.
- Ketamin is also prone to cause confusion, mood changes, mental problems and even hallucinations, if and only if overdose occurs.
- Ketamin should only be used with the knowledge of a doctor, or it may lead to other side-effects.
- An extreme care has to be taken if, ketamine therapy is done of patients below the age of 18. Safety for the patients is still not proven.
Patients who are pregnant and patients who indulge in breast-feeding should avoid ketamin, as it is proven to cause harmful effects on the fetus of a woman.
Possible Side-Effects Of Improper Usage:
Some of the possible side-effects are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Double or blurred visions
- Irregular heartbeat
- Mental behavior problems
Other General Information:
It is recommended that, any kinds of questions or doubts should be asked to the featured doctor without any hesitations. Patients, to whom ketamin is prescribed, should avoid sharing it with other people. If the symptoms get worse by time, patients should reach the nearby hospital for immediate treatment or it may become harmful. Parents should take extra care and should not keep Ketamin with the reach of children or any pets. It is also recommended that, unused ketamin should immediately be returned back to the concerned doctor.